What We Do
Due to the recent lock down we have had to stop running all our group work. We are continuing our 1 to 1 support work and some work with under 12’s. Our staff are still working so if you have any questions or need support please contact us.
Ferrywell Youth Team
We currently work with 3 local schools (Pirniehall PS, Craigroyston PS and Craigroyston Community High School). Our staff work in schools in partnership with staff and we offer a range of support to pupils.
In our primary schools we
- Run lunchtime craft and games groups that children in P6 & 7 can drop into
- Have a weekly Scripture Union group in each school for P6 & P7
- Offer 1:1 support to a number of pupils that the school identifies, supporting with emotional health and behaviour
- We co-lead a Seasons for Growth group regularly in one primary school, offering support to those affected by bereavement and/or loss
- In the summer term we support P7s moving up to secondary school by running enhanced transition groups as well as offering tailored individual support for some P7s
In Craigroyston Community High School we….
- Facilitate a lunchtime Drop In for S1-S3’s where they can come along with friends and chat to leaders about any issues or worries, have lunch together with snacks provided and play board games
- Offering counselling sessions with a qualified counsellor 1:1 one day a week
- Offer 1:1 support for young people identified by Pupil Support Leaders, who would benefit from someone to listen, support and work through concerns and issues
Our Thursday night youth work (DIME) has been established in the area since 2001. We now have approximately 60 young people from S1-S6 each week attending our Thursday night groups.