We aim to be clear, concise and transparent. If you have any questions, please email John.firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 07950016429.
What personal information does Ferrywell Youth Project collect about you/your child?
We securely store information you have provided to us, such as:
- Basic personal information. This may include your name, address, email-address, date of birth, etc. We use this data to contact you in line with your preferences.
- Booking information for events. In addition to the above, it may include school information, dietary requirements and health information. We need this data to run our events smoothly and keep people safe.
- Volunteering information. This may include details of relevant certifications you hold, availability, references and a statement of your faith. We need this data to accredit our volunteers for events and ensure they’re a good fit for their roles.
- Donor information. This may include bank details, GiftAid declarations and donation history. We need this information to process donations.
This information may be collected via paper forms, or digitally, e.g. via our website, Mailchimp, or by email. We do not collect information without your permission. Data we already hold will be processed only for the purposes of legitimate interest.
We may also store some information not directly provided by you via:
- Mail returns
Do we share your personal information?
We only share information with SU Scotland. SU Scotland only shares information with third parties in order to deliver postal communications such as @SU Magazine, or email communications like their Monthly e-News. This information is only available to these partners in order to process those communications.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is:
- Necessary to comply with the law, e.g. Child Protection.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions.
- To protect our rights and those of our users.
Can I access any personal information you hold on me?
You can request access to your stored information at any time. You can request data is corrected, amended or removed, and can request that data is no longer processed.
You can submit a request by emailing, Jane.Hurst@ferrywell.org.uk, or by calling John Gillan on 07950016429.
On what basis can you contact me and retain my data?
We are using legitimate interest as the legal basis for holding our existing supporters’ details, administering donations, keeping relevant records and contacting those who have indicated their wish to receive postal mailings. Our legitimate interests include furthering our charitable objectives and providing the service our supporters reasonably expect. We also rely on explicit consent to send electronic newsletters and appeals to supporters who have indicated they are happy to receive these communications.
What options do I have?
Some information is necessary to provide services, e.g. your email address is needed if you want to receive communications by email, and health information is necessary for residential events.
Other information may be required by law, e.g. age and driving license information is required to confirm eligibility to drive at SU events.
Other information is optional, but may affect our ability to communicate with you, or affect your ability to fully participate in our ministry.
You can edit your communication preferences at any time. Please email, Jane.Hurst@ferrywell.org.uk, or phone John Gillan on 07950016429.